My Favorite Pug
My Favorite Pug

The essential pet-safety guide
for Halloween

Foods to avoid

Xylitol
•Sugar substitute found in gum, mints, candy & baked goods
•1/8 teaspoon can cause dangerously low blood sugar in dogs
•1/2 teaspoon can cause liver damage

Chocolate

Natural stimulants in this Halloween staple can cause a range of symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, abnormal heart rhythm & death

Raisins

May cause a toxic reaction in dogs from vomiting to kidney failure.

Jack-O-Lanterns & Corn

These fall decorations can cause gastrointestinal upset in large doses

Candy Wrappers & Lollipop Sticks

Cellophane, plastic & paper sticks can cause gastrointestinal upset or bowel obstruction

Glow Sticks

Can cause drooling, irritation, agitation & vomiting

Candles

Hot wax & flames can potentially burn your pet’s nose, tongue or tail when within reach

Alcohol

Sharing these types of beverages can be toxic with symptoms ranging from bloat to respiratory failure.
PetSmart

Advertisements